Saturday, May 28, 2011

it's a chocolate covered world

One week in and I think it’s going pretty well. Other than those Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles screaming at me from the pantry. And the episode of Giada at Home I just watched where she smothered brownies in Nutella and then toped them with hazelnuts and mini dark chocolate chips. You know, other than the fact that I’m starting to see everything as being covered in chocolate, I am TOTALLY rocking this diet thing!

Of course it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. There was that part one on Tuesday where I tried to get off my lazy ass and exercise. I took the dog for a very nice power walk around the neighborhood and returned home 45 minutes later to find myself locked out of the house. Did you know that those little key pads you have on the side of your house to open and close the garage door have batteries? And that the batteries can die in 45 minutes while you’re briskly walking your dog around the neighborhood? No? Ok good, glad I’m not the only one. Luckily I have an amazing friend with an amazing husband who came over with a ladder, jumped the fence and let me back in. Thanks Eileen and Steven!

Then there was that other part where I tried to do yoga. I actually took a yoga class in college so I figured it couldn’t be that bad. I had a Yoga for Beginners DVD that I bought at least a year ago so on Friday night I decided to give it a shot rather than just sitting on my ass watching Criminal Minds all night. Holy hell people, yoga is HARD! I couldn’t even make it through half the workout before I had to fast forward to cool down and relaxation. Side note: I kick ass at relaxation!

But even though I met obstacles, I’m proud of myself for at least trying. I did a 45 minute power walk, I did 30 minutes of yoga, and next week I’ll do it again. And in a month I’ll be able to walk twice as far and complete the whole yoga video. It’s all about baby steps and I have to remember to take the time to congratulate myself for what I did rather than what I couldn’t do.

Talking about weight loss is ridiculously hard. But what I’ve learned in just this one short week? It’s absolutely necessary. The support I’ve received from the other {Not} Skinny Bitches has helped me SO much. The accountability and understanding they offer has helped me stay on track and reminds me that I’m not alone. So, even though I’m ready to cut a bitch for some Jimboy’s chicken tacos and a red velvet cupcake, I call this week a success.

Oh, and I’ve lost 6 pounds. So there’s that.

1 comment:

  1. 6 pounds? You ROCK!

    Oh, and Giada? You think she actually eats that stuff?

    ReplyDelete