Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm not fat, I'm short!

I wish that were the case. If I were 7 ft tall my weight would be totally acceptable. But I'm 5'3" so I'm Not a Skinny Bitch!

I don't obsess about food. I don't even really think that much about it. Until I decide to diet. Then I am obsessed with food!!! All of it, I'm worried about everything going in my mouth and how many calories it is, and do I have enough calories etc. If you have ever had a weight problem you understand that. If you have never had a weight problem and you are naturally thin and you eat whatever you want. Then suck it!

This time around (yes I have done this more than once or twice) I'm hoping with the support of these fabulous girls and my wonderful husband that it will be different. I need a life style change not a diet. I wasn't blessed with a great metabolism I have to worry about everything that goes in my mouth.

This time around I am using the app My Fitness Pal. You can also find My Fitness Pal on line and track calories there. Basically you put in your age, weight, height, and activity level. It then tells you how many calories you should eat every day in order to lose weight. You enter everything you eat, it deducts the calories from your daily allotment and when your calories are gone your done eating for the day. You can also "earn" more calories by exercising which it is really easy to keep track of on this app. My husband decided to join me on this journey, which helps a lot! He really doesn't have much weight to lose but it is nice having someone in the same house on board.

My beginning weight was 256.5. Holy shit! That is fat! But I own it. It is what it is. I just feel like crap, I want to wear clothes off a regular rack and not get out of breath putting on my shoes. My weight bugs me every day! I hate looking and feeling this.

My first week started out a little rough. First of all I started my period. I realize that is TMI but that is how I roll. Starting a diet while being on your period sucks! Secondly, my kids play sports and we have stuff going on every night so not stopping at the drive though has been a real challenge this week. Trying to be more prepared is the main goal. Thirdly I'm sick. I have this crappy cough and and I just don't want to think about anything. That being said I was down 3.5 lbs today. I was hoping to be down a little more, but hopefully next week I will have a bigger loss when I can get my body on board with my plans.

I hope this post wasn't too much of a ramble, I was interrupted a minimum of 50 times by my lovely children. As busy as I am I think I should be thinner. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. You and I are so similar. The minute I start thinking about going on a diet, all I can think about is my next meal. It's really vicious, isn't it? I'm glad to be on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete