Monday, May 30, 2011

6 months, 40lbs & 13.1 miles

This week i embarked on my bigggest challenge yet!  After spending the past 18-months in a funk, I'm here to tell you that I'm climbing my way out of the funk and I've set me some goals and I'm getting ready to be the BEST Traci I can be.....watch out world, here I come!

Weight has been a struggle for me most of my life. Although I hide it really well, but, i struggle to keep my muffin top covered, my thighs under wraps and my chest hoisted up to where it belongs! 5-years ago I lost 40lbs on WW. I kept most of it off all this time, but over the past 18-months, slowly,

now, for the exercise portion of my commitment and goal.......i am going to be training for my first ever 1/2 marathon! i have 6-months to train starting june 6th and will be working on getting in shape, building muscle and then of course the endurance training. i'm very excited about this. i'm going to run the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon on December 4th, 2011. i am so excited to have set this goal and look forward to standing at the finish line in one of my all time favorite cities and remembering THIS moment right now and how proud of me i'm going to be then.

i know there will be stumbling blocks along the way, but i CAN do this. i can't just sit back eating anymore blaming the anxiety of my breakup, the moving, my brother's wedding or any other outside stressors anymore. i'm taking control of my life and it feels great! i look forward to not hiding my body anyore, to seeing my collar bones and hip bones again. and i look forward to not having to layer in order to feel better about how i look. i'm on the way to a better traci and i'm really excited about it. i thank you for your support, your love and you not offering to share your fatty foods & treats with me! traci xox

1 comment: