Monday, June 6, 2011

The one where exercise made sense

After a week of gaining two of the three pounds I lost the week before, I kicked myself in the ass and found myself at the gym tonight. I didn't want to and managed to think of a handful of excuses why I shouldn't go.

I'm hungry. I'm tired. I have a headache. There's wine chilling at home. I mean really, Courtney? Just get over it.

And I did. And I worked it out. And I enjoyed it.

I had fun and found the realization that I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow and doing it all over again.

Most days, I don't have it all figured out, nor do I often have it all together, but today was a check in the win column. I was on top of my game. I felt the motivation I've been missing. And most importantly?

I felt proud of myself for the first time in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment